In full disclosure, the owner of the DirJournal.com business directory is a client of mine. This client contacted me about a contest being run where business owners can win a free featured listing in that directory, and I thought it was a perfect fit for our BizAmmo.com readers.
Should You Submit Your Business Website to Directories?
When searching for directories to submit your business website to, it’s important to vet them carefully. Many directories are little more than link farms where SEO folks paste the same links and descriptions to dozens (or even hundreds) of sites. You don’t want that.
Instead, you should look for directories — like DirJournal.com — where editors craft unique descriptions of your site and where you can reach a targeted audience. For small business owners that means focusing on business-oriented directories. Also keep an eye on the type of content, in addition to directory listings, that the site publishes. You don’t want your site being advertised alongside low quality content. DirJournal.com has put years of effort into building a collection of high quality content, much of which can help business owners like you directly. As examples, here are a few articles I personally wrote for the site:
- How to Write a White Paper
- How to Make Money Blogging Without Relying on Ads
- How to Drive Last Minute Online Sales Before the Holidays
Win a Free Featured Directory Listing
If you decide that the DirJournal.com directory is a good fit for your business website, why not try to win a free featured listing? (There is normally a $249.95 review fee to have their editors thoroughly review your site for consideration for a featured permanent listing.) Here’s what you have to do:
- Visit the DirJournal.com homepage.
- Click the Google +1 link at the top of the site to share the Directory Journal with your G+ network.
- Leave a comment on this DirJournal.com post letting them know you shared the site. Make sure you use a valid email address when commenting, as the winner will be chosen at random from the email addresses associated with the comments (which only the site admins can see).
The deadline for entering the contest is noon EST on Monday, December 24, 2012. The winner will be announced on Thursday, December 27, 2012.