As a small business owner you play many roles on a daily basis. But one of the most important roles you’ll play is that of a leader.
It’s up to you to assemble the best team possible for your small business, and keep them motivated in their jobs (or line up the right management to do that for you).
To close out this week, let’s look at some small business leadership tips, stories, and advice that can help you become a better leader for the sake of your employees, contractors, and your business itself.
- Leader or Manager, What Does Your Small Business Need? – By Marc Compeau at Forbes.com
- Small Business Leadership Primer – at SmallBizTrends.com
- 8 Tips for Becoming a True Leader – By Jeff Wuorio at Microsoft Business
- Leadership Traits – at Small Business Notes
- 5 Leadership Lessons From Successful Small Business Owners – By Royale Scuderi at OpenForum.com
- 6 Books on Leadership Worth Actually Reading – By Gwen Moran at Entrepreneur.com
- Being a Leader – at SBA.gov
- 5 Keys to Business Leadership for Small Business – By Susan Ward at About.com: Small Business: Canada
- 3 Leadership Skills That Trump All Others – By Peter Gasca at Inc.com
- Four Ways Effective Leaders Gain the Commitment of Others – By Rick Lepsinger at SmallBusinessAdvocate.com
Share your own leadership tips or links to your favorite articles on small business leadership in the comments below.