If you’ve followed any U.S. news over the past few weeks, you’ve probably heard a lot of talk about the sequester — across-the-board government spending cuts and the potentially dire consequences they’ll have as opposed to better thought-out cuts. Today let’s see what people are saying about not only the sequester, but how it will (or might) affect small businesses and entrepreneurs in particular.
As usual, these weekly posts aren’t about us sharing our own personal thoughts on the topics we cover. Rather, we try to bring you stories covering different sides of the issues so you can make up your own mind.
Here are some recent articles you might have missed regarding the sequester and small business. Enjoy!
- Sequester Cuts Already Hurting Small Businesses – By Constantine von Hoffman at CBS MoneyWatch
- Sequester and Fiscal Cliff: What’s the Impact on Small Business? — By Anita Campbell at Small Business Trends
- The Upside of the Sequester: A Boost to Alternative Lending for Small Business — By James Walter and Corey Ross at The Christian Post
- Sequestration is the Wrong Kind of Certainty for Small Business — By Beth Solomon at USNews.com
- Sequestration: When Will You Feel the Pain? — By Kathryn Buschman Vasel at Fox Business
- Sequester Countdown: What’s in Store for the SBA — By Catherine Clifford at Entrepreneur.com
- 9 Great Things About the Looming Sequester — By Gene Marks at Inc.com
- How Will the Sequester Affect Local Business? — At The York Daily Record
- Defense Contractors Preparing for Worst With Sequester — By Gabrielle Karol at Fox Business
- Sequestration Breakdown: What $1.2 Trillion Looks Like in Small Business Terms — By J.D. Harrison at The Washington Post
Have you come across other interesting stories on the sequester’s effect on small businesses? Has it affected your small business in any way yet, or do you expect it to? Share your thoughts with us in the comments.