Whether you’re launching a personal blog or a Web presence for your online business, all websites need to hosted on a server. Many site owners go with shared hosting plans (where multiple accounts and multiple websites are hosted with the same resources) to save money, especially early in the game.
You can save even more money on Web hosting by searching the Web for coupon codes (which also go by other names depending on the Web hosting company; such as “promotional codes”). They’re essentially a text code that you can enter into a coupon code field when ordering your Web hosting package. When entered, you’ll get the discount corresponding with your coupon code.
Coupon codes for Web hosting are available for most hosting companies, including the more popular hosts such as HostGator and GoDaddy. You can find them by searching various blogs and forums (especially those catering to webmasters). To find coupon codes for Web hosting accounts, try the following steps:
- Visit your current Web hosting company or one that you’re interested in trying, and see if they’re offering any current specials directly.
- Check your favorite webmaster blogs and forums first to see if anyone has posted recent coupon codes or other Web hosting promotions.
- Do a general search for “web hosting coupon codes” or a specific host name plus “coupon codes.”
Here are a few things to keep in mind when looking for Web hosting coupon codes:
- Make sure that the promotional codes haven’t expired yet.
- Make sure that the coupon codes are valid for hosting packages that would meet all of your Web hosting needs (from storage space to bandwidth to the number of email accounts available).
- Find out if the promotional code will force you to prepay for your hosting in yearly or longer intervals, or if you can pay month-to-month if you prefer to.
- Make sure that the host is a reputable company before putting your website into their hands (changing hosts all of a sudden due to problems like too much downtime can be a major hassle).
It’s not hard to find great deals on Web hosting that will suit your website’s needs. Just don’t forget to consider those needs carefully before committing yourself to a Web hosting company just because they’re offering a cheap deal.